That is a function of the client, not the server.  The canonical way of
an e-mail address is:
        "Full Name" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I guess that since Outlook Express already adds the quotation marks to
the full name, if you put any, it escapes them.  But the server should
not do anything with this, it does not care.  The only important thing
for the server is the envelope e-mail addresses (the ones in the
MAILFROM and RCPTO commands), and for that, you just send the <...>
part.

Does this answer your question?

        dZ.