I've finished updating the ICS FTP client and server components to
support 64-bit streams and thus single files larger than 2 gigs, when
used with Delphi 6 and later.

The updated components may be downloaded from:

http://www.magsys.co.uk/download/software/ftp2101.zip

until they become available from the ICS site.

Large files can only be used in the client with TFileStream, since
THandleStream and TMemoryStream don't support sizes larger than 2 gigs,
and even that would probably cripple windows.  LocalFileName mode
must be used if resume is needed above the 2 gig boundary, and this
proved a pain during testing because the integer overloaded Seek seemed
to be linked rather than int64 version, so I had to code my own Seek64
function.  The client also includes a fix for FTP uploads of about 9K
or 10K sometimes being truncated.

The ICS 64-bit client has been tested against the ICS 64-bit server,
and against Windows 2000 IIS/5, with a 4.7 gig DVD image.  Resumed
downloading was tested with Magenta Systems File Transfer Components
v1.4 (which should be available shortly on the ICS SSL site), download
resume above 2 gigs works against both FTP server, but FTP upload
resume only against the ICS server since IIS/5 seemed to delete the
partially upload file when stopped or the network cable pulled.

Both components are fully backward compatible, the only change with the
client is a new 64-bit progress event.  FtpSrvT.pas has a number of new
64-bit support functions that applications may need, like GetFileSize64
and atoi64.

Angus