> I would bet that a buffered stream class would boost performance
> dramatically.

I do recall a recent discussion about buffered class, but can not find
it.  Note sure how easy it would be to add, due to some of the 64-bit
issues.  The FTP server is crying out for a file buffer system, so that
regularly downloaded files stay in memory.  One of my applications has
hundreds of clients downloading the same two files repeatedly.

I did write a buffered write stream class, but it's optimised for log
files, buffering for X minutes before write or until a certain amount
is buffered, mainly to reduce write frequency to flash disk drives, but
a one minute interval also makes viewing active logs in an auto
refreshing text editor like TextPad much easier.

Angus