> I have a few questions about what ICS supports and doesn't support:
>
> - Does ICS support Linux (Kylix)?
>   There are a few versions of ICS for various versions of Kylix.
>   I'm not sure how well ICS works on Linux. I remember seeing
>   some discussions regarding the different mechanism of signaling
>   and messaging between Windows and Linux. I'm not sure if that
>   means that there are still issues?

There is a partial port to Kylix.

> - Does ICS support FreePascal?
>   I saw some sporadic mentioning of FreePascal in ICS archive
>   but I didn't get an impression that FreePascal is supported.

Officially not. But actually, many components are working OK. Each time someone
told me to apply a
change so that FP works, I do it. I personnaly don't do anything more to
support FP.

> The reason I'm asking is that I have a Delphi application that
> I have to partially port (or rewrite in C/C++) to Linux and MacOS
> (MacOS X and earlier versions of MacOS) Delphi definitely doesn't
> do that. I looked at FreePascal and Lasarus. They both claim
> to support all of Windows/Linux/MacOS-es. Because the functionality
> involves socket, I'm hoping that I can use ICS...

The FP still use WinSock and Windows messaging system. I doubt it will work on
Mac and Linux without
additional effort.

--
Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit