David Rose wrote:
>> Please try using FtpCli v2.100 or later (beta dated September 2005 or
>> later), it contains a fix for a problem uploading small files, and the
>> problem may have caused other issues
>
> Thanks, same problem. It seems that the error is
> 500 Control connection closed. Connection aborted (Winsock error #10053)

Hmm, that doesn't help much, have you called Abort somewhere before?
Try to print the last error message as well _before_ your call to Abort.

You can also check property Connected before calling a method that requires
a connection, something like:
if not FtpClient1.Connected then
begin
    codesite.send('We have been disconnected ' +
                  FtpClient1.LastResponse + ' ' +
                  FtpClient1.ErrorMessage)
    dosomething
end

A brief look at the source, function TFtpClient.WaitUntilReady():
if {$IFNDEF NOFORMS} Application.Terminated or
           {$ELSE}           Terminated or
           {$ENDIF}
           ((FTimeout > 0) and (LongInt(GetTickCount) > FTimeStop)) then begin
            { Timeout occured }
            AbortAsync;
            FErrorMessage := '426 Timeout';
            FStatusCode   := 426;
            Result        := FALSE; { Command failed }
            break;
        end;
..
So if there were a timeout or the application has been terminated Abort is
called
and you get an ErrorMessage '426 Timeout'.

BTW: I'm no expert in using the sync-functions.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]