> I do not agree with you. I can't say it never happened, but it was
> very uncommon that any change in ICS required _application_ code
> change.

The most recent example is SSL, the versions in the last few months
required numerous application changes over the original implementation,
it's all an improvement but not a quick recompile, needing to hunt
though various demo applications for the changes needed.

Another that caused me trouble was:

Jun 18, 2001  V1.30 Renamed property WSocket to CtrlSocket (this
 require code change in user application too).

Angus