Hello!

>>> Strange. Maybe your local MTU is set to 512 because of the dialup ? PPP
>>> is defaut 512 bytes.
>>
>> I thought so too, but removing PPP didn't changed things. So I assumed
>> that there's some unreverted changes in Winsock settings - I've changed
>> appriopriate settings multiple times for multiple values, and it didn't
>> worked anyway. That's unfair! ;-)

> Hopefully you didn't use one of those buggy optimizers available on the
> net.
> They may more hurt than they help.

No, I did not. I'm smart enough to see that I don't need any fancy optimizer
to edit some registry settings (what includes making a safety backup -
the one that has saved my '95 twice).

Now I'm wondering how that small packet size affects connection to servers
on localhost (which I use for debugging and profiling purposes). Hopefully
it isn't too bad...

--
Piotr "Hellrayzer" Dalek