> >> Then you should count with max handle windows can manage (about 10.000
> >> standard and 18.000 with registry tricks).
> FT> Is this valid also for v6?
>
> V6 don't need one handle per socket anymore.

Right.

> But  seems  that  Winsock itself uses 3 handles per socket, this is at
> least  what  I  saw in my project using both V5 or V6. But this may be
> confirmed by other people ?

Do not confuse "window handles" and other handles such as socket handles. There
are two different
kind of resources with different limits. "Window handles" are the most limited
resources. Other
handles have other limits usually much higher.

--
Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit
http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html