>> Should ICS be responsible for domain/user parsing out of a single
>> property
>> or should a new property with domain added ?
>
> I think not, unless the component itself test for the combination that
> works.

That's not logical. The NTLM message has two different parts for domain name
and user name. Putting the right name in the right part would solve all
problem imo. It is possible that some smart proxies take care of extracting
domain name from username if domain part is empty in the message. And for
those smart proxies, you have to provide the right separator.

If a new domain property is added, nothing prevent the component user from
ignoring it and still provide domain name and user name in the user name
part as today, and to rely on the smart proxy to handle that situation. It
is not worse than today and even provide an enhancement.