> Reposting in case this got lost.

I saw your message.

>>> Also, a bad page on a site like www.amazon.com/?test/test gets a 301,
>>> then 302 and then hangs.  This did not happen with earlier versions of
>>> ICS.

It is possibly an error in Amazon's code because if you look at the header,
you see:
   "Cneonction: close"
There is a typo error there...

When you close the connection (using "close" button in HttpTst program), it
continue execution. So I didn't checked exactly, but I guess there is a
problem either because of the typo error in auto connection close, or
because of an error in the content-length versus what is sent by the server.