>> Yes because you don't need threads with ICS :) you can easily exchange
>> data with multiple concurent at the same time.
>
> Yes I can, I know. But that doesn't multiply my capacity for
> simultaniously
> processing the packets. I split it up into this threaded scenario because
> data processing of the data sent and received might get lengthy. Esp. on
> the layers
> sitting above that.

Maybe you should simplify your design and use a thread only for that lengthy
process. No need to put TWSocket communication in a separate thread for each
socket. This is overkill and slow down overall operation. Most of the time,
a single thread is able to handle hundreds of simultaneous sockets when only
communication is considered. Do the lengthy processing in a worker thread.