> I do not understand why people who spend hundreds of dollars for each
> Windows copy hesitate to support a descent effort initiated by me back in
> 2002-2003 and implemented by many volunteers who are ordinary coders just
> like YOU!
"Ordinary"??? Please elaborate.
If my understanding is not failing me please let me have a word or two:
I welcome your compliment warmly. Please keep in mind that you
don't have a job if not for "ordinary" coders like myself.
Bottom line is ordinary component developers like YOURSELF need ordinary
coders like me.

Please show me where does MS advertise there O/S to be free
and as soon as you want to browse My Computer you need to make a "donation"
(compulsory)?

>I am not sure what your earning model is but ever thought of
> developing shareware? If you did, you would understand
My earning model is enough to purchase the best component suite on the
market.
(BTW: I have spend $1000's on components since 2002).
I am developing freeware software as a hobby and support free / open source
components.
My line of work varies from property investment to software development
etc...
You might rent one of my properties, drop me the address and I will confirm.

>that $50 for a source
> code is actually no expensive than nothing.
If not mistaken a minimum of $119 (only) will get me the source code.
See: http://www.overbyte.be/frame_index.html
I have no problem that you get paid for the ordinary work you do!
But you should consider to replace "Freeware" (as you arrogantly advertise
on your site) to "Shareware".
What if I set up a software site and promote freeware software but as soon
as you get to the download link
I pop you an ORDER page to beg for a donation and if you don't donate you
don't get the software. Or even worse,
after you use the software you realize that it's only partly free and you
have to make a minimum "donation" (doubting the terminology here) of $119
in order to use the entire application.
Please refer to your English dictionary for the term "donation".
Quoting WordWeb:
"Donation" =
                     "A voluntary gift (as of money or service or ideas)
made to some worthwhile cause"
                     "Act of giving in common with others for a common
purpose especially to a charity"
Yes, I realize ICS is free and SSL-ICS is not free.
You actually have very clever strategy, will give you credit for that.
Something at least not that ordinary about YOU.

NB: Your approach is really not good.
Rather stick to technical support and don't try to get funny with users.
I have actually just received a decent reply from DZ-Jay (Thanks).
Have a look at it, catch a few tips and by the time SSL-ICS is free for
everyone you might have enough
"people-skills" not to chase users away but rather attract them.