> Like everybody knows I am quite new to ICS.
>
> 1. Is the ICS-SSL working and ready should I decide to get hold of it?
>     In other words, it's not in development still and a stable working
> release is available?

It is still under development, things are still changing to make them the best
possible.
Nevertheless, it is really usable by now. You can download the binary
executables for the demos. So
you can check by yourself how it works before spending a single cent. There are
demos for client and
server, HTTPS and FTPS and others.

> 2. How much work is it to implement it to work 100%? Code-wize?
>     Is it wrapped in a component?

There is not much difference between ICS and ICS-SSL the components are the
same, except of course
new properties, events and methods to support SSL specifics such as
certificates and peer
verification.

SSL is not an easy thing once you go beyond accessing a simple https website
(that is easy and even
trivial when no certificate is involved). But to use all the features of SSL,
you'll probably have
to learn a lot. A good start is the book "Network Security with OpenSSL"
(O'Reilly). Of course you
may skip the chapters about C programming because it is emebeed in ICS-SSL
component. But carefuly
read the chapters about SSL in general, SSL certificates and OpenSSL command
line utility you'll use
even with ICS-SSL.

There is a dedicated ICS-SSL support mailing list you can subscribe once you
are a contributor.

--
Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit
http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html