Nick wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am using Pop3Cli however, if I try and connect and say, my username or
> my host is wrong, if I correct that and try again I get the error
>
> 'POP3 component not ready'

I'm not sure wether you unstood the async behaviour of ICS, if you are not sure
have a look at: http://wiki.overbyte.be/wiki/index.php/Asynchronous_Paradigm

> if i close the software and open it again I can try and connect again
> with out the above message
>
> I tried doing
> try
>   Pop3Cli1.Quit
> except
> end;

Method Pop3Cli1.Quit sends the command QUIT to the server, this doesn't not
mean that the connection is already terminated, it depends on the POP3 server
when the connection is closed. When SessionClosed is triggered the connection
is in a status to safely reconnect. A quick and dirty workaround is to call
Abort before reconnect.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]