> I need write o function to retrieve date-time from a timeservers.
> This is needed to prevent changes on date and/or time on local
> network pc's, included local server, because I should upload/download
> small files which need real date time assigned.
>
> I take a look to TWSTimeClient from Chris Barber found at usermade
> page, but I can't get write a working program.

That client did not support SNTP, only the old time protocol that uses
whole seconds and does not allow for the round trip time.  I updated it
many years ago for SNTP and to add UTC functions to change the PC time.

I also updated Nathan Anderson's time server component to support SNTP.

You can download both from my ICS page:

http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/magics.asp

Sorry, there is no demo program, but I use them myself hourly in my DUN
Manager application.  I strongly recommend you compare the results of
two time servers before actually changing the PC time, you'd be
surprised how often time servers return bad time.

Angus