Okay, I definitely reproduced the behavior you're describing. I used some
old code that I once used for some spidering experiments. It iteratively
parses each page it retrieves and then follows each link etc.

No OnRequestDone event in case of certain Aborts. The example I found:
Aborting from within the OnLocationChange event-handler on a site that does
two redirects of which the second is a 302 re-direct. The LocationChange
event handler calls Abort() during the first re-direct. After this, no
RequestDone is generated anymore (but the second LocationChange is). Not
calling Abort from within the LocationChange event-handler but afterwards
results in a nice RequestDone.

As Francois stated: don't Abort from within the event handlers.

Francois, what is the best way to handle this one? I can set a 'flag' within
the LocationChange handler and use it to Abort the client at a later moment
(or discard its content etc). I've also seen people talk about using
PostMessage but I'm not sure how to do that. How would I create a message
and use a handle for the processing object? (my own 'download-manager'
object for instance).

One more thing. In my application, this example never generates a
RequestDone and needs to be Aborted during a timeout check. The first
Relocation occurs but not the second. When I use HttpTst however the
location changes follow-through until the RequestDone. I have
FollowRelocation set to 'true' in my app so that shouldn't be the problem. I
do use Get Asynch however instead of Get like HttpTst does.

Regards,

--M