Hello,

it seems to work okay right now (not yet creating any sockets) but
one thing is still sub-optimal, my message pump.
You advised me to use GetMessage, but that creates the problem
that the thread won't terminate gracefully if .terminate.
SendMessage could solve it if it wouldn't require a window as target.
PeekMessage instead GetMessage works good, except that it consumes 100%
CPU.
If I insert sleep(0) which should give up the timeslice (says the help
at least)
it also consumes 100% CPU.
This is my message pump right now (it runs insidy my thread's execute):

                  if (PeekMessage(msg, 0, 0, 0, pm_remove) = true) then
                  begin
                    if (msg.message = WM_QUIT) then
                    begin
                      {$IFDEF ebmDEBUG}
                      // Globaler Thread via WM_QUIT beendet. PID = %1
                      params[1]:=PChar(IntToStr(GetCurrentThreadID));

log.WRITELOG(EVENTLOG_INFORMATION_TYPE,kat_startende,1005,1,params);
                      {$ENDIF}

                      terminate;
                    end; // if (msg.message = WM_QUIT) then

                    TranslateMessage(msg);
                    DispatchMessage(msg);
                    sleep(0);
                  end // if (PeekMessage(msg, 0, 0, 0, pm_remove) =
true) then
                  else
                    sleep(0);

What should I do?