Hello Werner,

It is the exact peer port. I try to explain:

-- for a server --
Server listens on a certain addr:port. Client connect to that port, but
server should stay listening, so the listening port has to be kept free,
so as fast as possible the socket is duped to another local port. This
port increase after each connect because the OS hold it in time_wait

-- for a client --
Client connect to a certain addr:port. But local it is also bound to an
addr and port. This is the peer port when it is called by the server
end.

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz