----- Original Message -----
From: "Jazzy Jeff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 8:22 AM
Subject: [twsocket] Httpcli not working, need suggestions

I just downloaded the ICS ver 5 a few mins ago, I compiled it under BDS2006
using bcb2006 with the updated patch.  I compiled the example httptst to see
if it could go to a webpage that required a username and password.  When i
ran the program (get button), this is the error message that i get.

  RequestDone Error = 11001
GET Failed !
StatusCode   = 404
ReasonPhrase = can't resolve hostname to IP address

  //------------------- code -------------------------//
  HttpCli1->URL        = "http://192.168.1.1/main.htm;
  HttpCli1->Password = "pass";
HttpCli1->Username = "user";

  even if i try a google address to se if it works, i still get the same
error.

  If I click on the "head button", the program seems to go to the internet
then to retrieve the details of the webpage.  But the get button does
nothing but produce an error message.

FVD: Seems to go? Or did go and returned with the header info? You're not
behind a proxy or firewall with access control on program level?