Hello Jack,

10053 is WSAECONNABORTED or in words: 'Software caused connection abort'
witch means that the OS has decided to abort the connection due to some
uknown reason. It is not nececary the OS, can also be a decision of a
router.

Question: You are getting connected without winsock error do you ?

I have also seen this error because of software firewalls doing their
job incorrect. Also seen it on large networks interconnected by routers
where transport failures happens over the (leased) line.

Hope this helps a little to determine where the problem could be ?

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz