Hello Werner,

Maybe try the following:
- Download socketspy (user made) and "hang" it between sender and
  receiver
- Resesign sender that it send a small amount of bytes by pushing a
  button, and then next chunck etc.
- Keep an eye on the java application

this way you see the sent bytes in socketspy when the trouble begin.

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz