>> There is probably no bug into your client program. It is likely that the
>> server you connect to accept only a limited number of concurrent
>> connexions.
>
> The problems also appear when there are other programs running witch
> downloading files from a FTP-Server.

>From the _same_ FTP server or from another FTP server ?

> And backwards if my test-programm is
> running, other programs slow down.

If your program is downloading at a high rate, it is normal it use CPU.
Also be sure to avoid any waiting loop in your program and use a proper 
message pump, that is one with GetMessage and _no_ PeakMessage.

--
Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.overbyte.be



>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Francois PIETTE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
> Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 5:43 PM
> Subject: Re: [twsocket] Multithreading with TFTPClient
>
>
>>> I want to use the FTPClient in multithreading and programed a
>>> test-program.
>>
>> If you do that to do simultaneous download, it is completely useless with
>> ICS since ICS is non blocking.
>> If you still want to go multithread, be sure to create your component at
>> runtime from your thread's execute method. If you create the component in
>> the constructor, then all component events will run in the main thread.
>> And
>> don't forget your thread need a message pump to have the events 
>> triggered.
>>
>>> But as I started the threads I noticed that the maximum theads are 9.
>>> If I used only one thread more nothing works.
>>
>> There is probably no bug into your client program. It is likely that the
>> server you connect to accept only a limited number of concurrent
>> connexions.
>>
>>> By the way... what is the property "Multithreading" good for ?
>>
>> It tell the component that he works within a worker thread instead of the
>> main tread. See the source code to see what change at runtime...
>>
>> Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html
>> --
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> http://www.overbyte.be
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: <twsocket@elists.org>
>> Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 4:28 PM
>> Subject: [twsocket] Multithreading with TFTPClient
>>
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I want to use the FTPClient in multithreading and programed a
>>> test-program. But as I started the threads I noticed that the maximum
>>> theads are 9. If I used only one thread more nothing works.
>>> Here is an picture with my test-program with 9 threads:
>>> http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/6498/9threads3tp.png
>>>
>>> As you can see except for one thread everything works.
>>>
>>> And here is a picture with ten threads:
>>> http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2748/10threads6ux.png
>>>
>>> As you can see only a few threads works and the others got an error like
>>> this:
>>>
>>> Logfile:
>>> < 220 Speak friend, and enter
>>>> USER *****
>>> < 331 FTP login okay, send password.
>>>> PASS *****
>>> < 230 User logged in, proceed.
>>>> TYPE I
>>> < 200 Using BINARY mode to transfer data.
>>>> SIZE EK040905.exe
>>> < 213 7929582
>>>> PORT 192,168,2,32,4,181
>>> < 200 PORT command successful.
>>>> REST 1638400
>>> < 350 Restarting at 1638400
>>>> RETR EK040905.exe
>>> < 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection (6291182 bytes).
>>> < 451 Transfer incomplete. Closing data connection.
>>> ! RETR/LIST/NLST Failed
>>>> QUIT
>>> < 221 Goodbye.
>>>
>>> The same problem appears when there are other FTP-programs running like
>>> smartFTP or FlashFXP.
>>>
>>> I hope you have understand my problem.
>>> By the way... what is the property "Multithreading" good for ?
>>>
>>>
>>> Sincerely yours
>>> -- 
>>> To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
>>> please goto http://www.elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
>>> Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be
>>
>> -- 
>> To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
>> please goto http://www.elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
>> Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be
>
> -- 
> To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
> please goto http://www.elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
> Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be 

-- 
To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
please goto http://www.elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be

Reply via email to