I am posting 1st of 3 message replies about the topic.

Regards,

SZ

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.using
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: Removing namespace in pascal hpp

:
: "SubZero" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
: news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
:
: > There is a unit called overbyteicslibrary.pas that redefines variables
: > such as WM_QUIT and methods such as CreateWindowEx. I am
: > not sure why Francois Piette decided to group and redefine these
:
: I do not know, either.  That was the wrong thing to do, and breaks
: compatibility quite badly.
:
: > Does anybody know how to force the Pascal compiler NOT to produce this
: hpp?
:
: It is not possible.  What you can do, however, is add an
: {$EXTERNALSYM}statement to each offending declaration, ie:
:
:    const
:        //...
:        {$EXTERNALSYM WM_QUIT}
:        WM_QUIT = 18;
:        //...
:
: That will tell the Pascal compiler not to include the specified symbols in
: the generated HPP.  This works equally for functions and records as well.
:
: You can optionally also add an {$HPPEMIT} statement in the 'interface'
: section to force the generated HPP file to include the windows.h header
: file, ie:
:
:    (*$HPPEMIT '#include <windows.h>'*)
:
: A better solution would be to take out the offending declarations from the
: Pascal code completely and just add 'Windows' to the uses clause instead.
:
:
: Gambit
: