> AFAIK winsock API function WSAAsyncSelect() is a common, blocking
> function. In this case it's called to disable winsock notifications.
> Because the window is detached/destroyed in subsequent lines.
> BTW: Same is done in V5.
> So for a short while the detached socket is windowless, that's
> why I suggested to wait w/o processing messages until it is
> attached again (not nice but worked for me).

To be safe, the order should be:
1) Stop notifications from winsock (WSAAsyncSelect) to the current (old)
hidden window
2) Create the new hidden window
3) Extract all messages from old hidden window queue and push them to the
new queue
4) Restart notifications from winsock to the new hidden window

Probably a good idea to post a FD_READ message in the new queue between 3
and 4 above. Because it may happend that data has been received during the
time interval when notifications have been disabled.