On 12 Jun 2006 at 9:24, Frans van Daalen wrote:

> the 404 is correct, IE will also get the 404. But ebay has changed the
> layout of the 404 error page to load some other pages
> like  //snip from 404 page// cfg.sModuleUrl
> ='http://promo.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?GetPPModules&usecase=2' ;  \\\\\
>
> so you must read the 404 page and then execute the code in that page :-)

You can read the pae?

I am not sure if httpcli actually gets the vanilla 404  page from the server.

An exception is thrown because it is a 404 status.

I am using code similar to the example that comes with ICS:

try {
        Http->Get();
    } __except (TRUE) {
       // SetButtonState(TRUE)
        dm->Lines->Add("GET Failed !");
        dm->Lines->Add("StatusCode   = " + IntToStr(Http->StatusCode));
        dm->Lines->Add("ReasonPhrase = " + Http->ReasonPhrase);
//////////////////
//////////////////
//////////////////    the 404 status sends the program flow here
    }

I am not sure if httpcli is getting the server's 404 template page or not.

I guess I'll try to see what the document is holding.

Thanks

I mention ed IE but really I mean browser -- system browser.