I have a application that uses ics components for e-mailing a customer's
purchase orders. The program is written in delphi 7 and when originally
written worked fine, however the client that I wrote it for just started
using it and it will not send the attachment that goes along with the email.

My program and the demo program work, as long as I do not send the
attachment file.

I get the same results for my program and for the demo send mail
program,  MailSnd1.pas. Below is the info from the demo program. The ICS
component is version 3.0.0.343. I have tried various setting, such as
changing the default encoding.

Connecting to SMTP server...
220 smtp103.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com ESMTP
< 220 smtp103.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com ESMTP
RequestDone Rq=0 Error=0
EHLO your_name
 > EHLO your_name
250-smtp103.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com
< 250-smtp103.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XYMCOOKIE
< 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XYMCOOKIE
250-PIPELINING
< 250-PIPELINING
250 8BITMIME
< 250 8BITMIME
RequestDone Rq=10 Error=0
AUTH LOGIN
 > AUTH LOGIN
334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
< 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
amV0Y29tc3lzQHNiY2dsb2JhbC5uZXQ=
 > amV0Y29tc3lzQHNiY2dsb2JhbC5uZXQ=
334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
< 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
amV0NTQ0NA==
 > amV0NTQ0NA==
235 ok, go ahead (#2.0.0)
< 235 ok, go ahead (#2.0.0)
RequestDone Rq=11 Error=0
MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 > MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 ok
< 250 ok
RequestDone Rq=2 Error=0
RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 > RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 ok
< 250 ok
RequestDone Rq=4 Error=0
DATA
 > DATA
354 go ahead
< 354 go ahead
 > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Comments: This is a test
 > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > Subject: This is the message subject
 > Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 04:18:06 -0500
 >
 > This is a multipart MIME message.
 >
 > --= Multipart Boundary 0610060418
 >
 > This is the first line
 > Then the second one
 > The next one is empty
 >
 > The next one has only a single dot
 > ..
 > Finally the last one
 >
 > --= Multipart Boundary 0610060418
 >
 > R0lGODlhXAB5APf/AP///wgICNbW1t7e3ufn5+/v7/f391JKSjkxMa2UlJyEhNa1tYxzc961
 > /9EKpCAJzTC01+0BE5TYFPwDaouaGDxE9Ct1LYdTkElEcFQDZEBtCaDd/IHQpqbMMNMGsiAJ
RequestDone Rq=5 Error=10004

Note- I deleted the middle part of the file info. to reduce this email.

I had to click on abort, after waiting 1 to 2 mins. And that's when I
got the above winsock error.

BTW the connection is via DSL and a router.

Can anyone give me some help as to what is going on or what I am doing
wrong.

Thanks for any help given