Hello Jock,

Please use appropriatic subject. Many people will not even read a
subject without a given content !

> My program and the demo program work, as long as I do not send the
> attachment file.

You dont tell what the problem is. Since you say you get an error after
clicking Abort I assume it seems to take infinity to send the mail. To
check whatis going wrong, download SocketSpy (user made) and 'hang' it
between client and server.

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz