Francois PIETTE wrote:
> So we could make TWndControl start form WM_APP - 1 and going down.

Going down is not convincing me, I would prefer a constant start number.
1024 through 32767 is a wide range, I think it's OK to reserve 1000 or
2000 or even more numbers below WM_APP - 1, so that the component can
handle 'out of messages errors'. Beside that it's probably the best
solution, though I do not know how much slower RegisterWindowMessage
would be. There should be also a clear hint in the comments that messages
x through y are reserved for use with ICS (for fools like me).