Hi, thanks for your answer.

> It is likely the message is an exception box displayed because your
> software
> doesn't handle the exception trhu a try/except construct.

We use JCL's exception handling customized form to catch all exceptions and
send it in by e-mail or similar (when user decides to do so). And the error
message windows was not and Exception Dialog it was a plain message dialog.
Can I send you (or this list) a picture of it? Very small (< 5k) .GIF or
.JPEG with the message dialog in question.

> Your software is doing some operation (reconnect ?) which require
> resolving
> an hostname to an IP address.Since the cable is disconnected it is not
> posible for the component to do it. Hence the error.

Yes we actually are trying to reconnect to the server once the connection is
lost (that explains the message loop probably). But we try to connect
directly to the servers IP address, there are no hostnames involved, so
there should be nothing to resolve.
The strangest thing actually is that in my computer for instance, I don't
get the same message when doing the same procedure. The users machine is an
Intel Pentium M 1.6Ghz Notebook Dell Latitude D610.

Thank you,

Marcelo Grossi