From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Éric Fleming Bonilha
Sent: 03 July 2006 13:42
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: [twsocket] UDP Concept doubt

Hello Everyone!

I´m in doubt in some aspects of UDP.

Do UDP suffers from fragmentation like TCP? what I mean is that in TCP if I
send a chunck of data, it is not guaranteed that this data will be received
in a single event correct? It is guaranteed that it will be delivered
completed and in order, so we have to implement packet boundaries on the
application protocol.

I would like to know if I send packets of data in UDP it will be fragmented
too, because if it is, than an application protocol that will use UDP as
underling layer will have to implement some packet boundaries mechanism.

I´m asking this because of the RTP (Real Time Protocol) protocol, I´m
currently developing an application that will have to parse RTP packets, but
on RTP specification there is no packet boundaries. On the specification is
only said that one RTP packet should be sent on one UDP packet, but I´m
thinking if UDP packet will be fragmented and will be received in one or
more events on ICS

Thanks a lot

Éric Fleming Bonilha