>Property TFtpCli.Timeout effects only in case you would use the sync
methods, and it triggers independent of the winsock timeout, however
the shorter timeout would trigger first.

But in my test, I'm used Put method, not putAsync method.

Arnold

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:42:09 +0200
From: "Arnold FLUTEAUX" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [twsocket] How can we automatically set timeout in FTP
To: <twsocket@elists.org>

Hello,

I'm french. I'm using a FTP developing with ICS FTP client. It's really good
!

I've question on the timeout.

With a high speed connection, the timeout is equal to 15 seconds. But with a
very low connection (9,6 kbits/s) , they are several problems and the ftp
disconnect itself with the message "500 Connection closed time out (winsock
error #100060)". So to avoid this problem, I have increased the timeout to
60 seconds.

So is it the good solution ? And if it's OK, how can set the timeout
automatically ?

Thanks

Arnold

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:18:47 +0200
From: "Arno Garrels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>

Arnold FLUTEAUX wrote:
> I've question on the timeout.
>
> With a high speed connection, the timeout is equal to 15 seconds. But
> with a very low connection (9,6 kbits/s) , they are several problems
> and the ftp disconnect itself with the message "500 Connection closed
> time out (winsock error #100060)".
> So to avoid this problem, I have
> increased the timeout to 60 seconds.

Those kind of errors are caused by a winsock timeout. I think it should
be possible to set that value somewhere in the registry, have you?
Property TFtpCli.Timeout effects only in case you would use the sync
methods, and it triggers independent of the winsock timeout, however
the shorter timeout would trigger first.

> So is it the good solution ? And if it's OK, how can set the timeout
> automatically ?

If you mean the system-wide winsock timeout, I don't think it is a good
idea to change that automatically on system you do not own.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]

> Thanks
>
> Arnold