Thanks for the explanations. I had no idea it was a server setting, and
always assumed it would be up to the client. I guess I have just been
lucky getting away with it for so long.

Much Appreciated.

Sincerely,

Brad Gies
-------------------------------------
NLM Software
Southfield, MI, USA
-------------------------------------

Do everything in moderation.... including abstinence

On
> Behalf Of Woody
> Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:45 PM
> To: ICS support mailing
> Subject: Re: [twsocket] FTP missing bytes
>
> From: "Gies,Brad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > It seems the answer is that I now have to send the Type command
before I
> > do the PUT. Did it used to default to binary before, and now it
defaults
> > to ASCII?
>
> When I originally built my little web site program for editing pages
and
> uploading them, I was under the same impression. When my ISP changed,
my
> web
> server went from a Windows-based to a Unix-based and it caused the
same
> problem, the last few bytes not being transmitted. I had to do the
same
> thing you need to do, set BinaryMode AND call TypeSet to make sure the
> correct transfer mode was used for both client and server.
>
> HTH
>
> Woody (TMW)

This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete
the material from your computer.