----- Original Message -----
From: Gies,Brad
Sent: 7/6/2006 1:41:41 PM
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] FTP missing bytes

> Thanks for the explanations. I had no idea it was a server setting, and
> always assumed it would be up to the client. I guess I have just been
> lucky getting away with it for so long.

Actually, it is a server setting -- set by the client, so it is up to the
client.  Your problem was that you assumed that setting the property in the
client would suffice, and you were lucky that the server defaulted to the
correct one (or that the server interpreted newlines in the same way).

You have to set the property in the client (as you did), but then you must call
SetType to tell the server about it.

Perhaps this should be in the FAQ?

   -dZ.