> UTF-8 uses more then 1 Byte per char and on the TStringStream I'm
> using to retrieve the data from the HttpCli I get mixed type chars.

The component returns a binary stream, it may be a zip file or text in
various character sets, with one or two bytes per character.

Delphi supports the 2 bytes per character widestring data type, aka
Unicode, you need to read some help on converting strings to
widestring.  The Jedi library includes UTF-8 to Widestring conversion.

Angus