From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Johnnie Norsworthy
Sent: 01 August 2006 20:26
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: [twsocket] Converting from Indy - UDP Send - DNS caching

I am converting a small remote logging project from Indy to ICS that
sends UDP packets. Following the example in UDPSend1.pas, I do the
following when I wish to send my string:

  WSocket.Proto := 'udp';
  WSocket.Addr  := 'mydomain.com';
  WSocket.Port  := '12007';
  WSocket.Connect;
  WSocket.SendStr('mystring');

in the WSocket.DataSent() event:
  WSocket.Close;

What type of error conditions/exceptions might occur in the sending
code that I need to watch for? Is there ever a situation when .Connect
would fail due to an existing connection if sending a few packets in a
short span?

Do I need to add #13 #10 to strings before sending?

Can I cache the domain lookup after sending the first packet to speed
up the send process or is it helpful? If so, in what event do I grab
the looked up IP Address and from what property?

Thanks! I am looking forward to using ICS.

-Johnnie