Hello,

TWSocket has a method 'MessageLoop'. You only have to call this one
because it is pumping messages until WM_QUIT is posted to it.

To execute TWSocket in thread context you have to do this in Execute
method of thread:

- Create it in Execute method of thread
- Assign properties and event handlers
- Dont forget to set MultiThreaded := True;
- Call MessageLoop;
- Destroy the component

To post the WM_QUIT message you can use PostThreadMessage function.

A good method is to work in 3 step:

- Make a class with your communication in it, derive it from TObject
- When all works well, then derive it from TThread and fix the Execute
  method, and set MultiThread to True;
- When all works well then just create the object in the dll.

This way is only some minutes extra work, and when certainly a problem
comes up, you know it is because of Thread or because of Dll.

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz