Francois Piette wrote:
>> Also, if I do not use some kind of a wait function
>> in order to make a request blocking (like WaitUntilReady),
>> it's mandatory to use a timer, correct?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand.

Indeed badly expressed, I had the STUN proto in mind when I
wrote it.
In STUN, reliability is accomplished through client
retransmissions. If no response is received by 1.6
seconds after the last request has been sent, the client SHOULD
consider the transaction to have failed. In other words, requests
would be sent at times 0ms, 100ms, 300ms, 700ms, 1500ms, 3100ms,
4700ms, 6300ms, and 7900ms. At 9500ms, the client considers the
transaction to have failed if no response has been received.

I do not know how to write this as an async component method w/o
a timer, but I can write it as a sync method by some wait
function which processes messages and either starts retransmissions
or triggers a final timeout when no response hasbeen received.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]