Francois PIETTE wrote:

>>Thanks for the pointer. Im guessing the API for the Delphi and Kylix
>>versions are the same so all we need to do is have the different ICS
>>libary on each platform to successfully compile without changing source
>>code.
>>

>That was the goal of my Kylix port. Still there are differences mostly
>because of the message pump. Kylix message pump in the GUI is way too slow
>for efficient network I/O. Better use ICS/Kylix message pump. And since
>ICS/Kylix use threads, there are differences in the way events are handled.

Is it just the TCP Server that needs a different set of code per OS to
be cross platform, well I guess its not even the TCP Server but the
sockets - the actual getting of packets on a port - where the code
branching occurs? The TCP and HTTP parts are parsers right? And
therefore can easily be cross platform...

>>Can you recommend any reading material
>>related to threaded/non-threaded
>>verus blocking/nonblocing ports and sockets?
>>

>There is an article in the wiki: http://wiki.overbyte.be.
>Still under construction.

The WebServer page on Wikipedia has some good info on this as well.