----- Original Message -----
From: "Arno Garrels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Webserver AUTH keep-alive

: Fastream Technologies wrote:
: > Well, in our code, unless the client request type is close, we return
: > keep-alive if it is NOT HTTP/1.0 and 1.1.
:
: So, are you using your own copy with individual changes?

We are overriding methods in C++.

: Default HTTP/1.1 is keep-alive, Default HTTP/1.0 is closing the
connection.

Yes.

: I've done the following:
: If a client sends a request for a protected page and has not yet the
: Authorization header it will be sent header "Connection: close" in
HTTP/1.1.

This is bad design IMO. If the latency is too high then the client would
face long connection establishment time twice.

Regards,

SZ

: Otherwise, if not NTLM, the requested type is used.
:
: ---
: Arno Garrels [TeamICS]
: http://www.overbyte.be/eng/overbyte/teamics.html