Here is an idea I have come up with:

Since there are 32 clients/thread, in the client connection thread I
will setup a non-protected variable. Then each of these thread
instances will have a timer that will every 1 sec post the value to
the main thread and then reset the variable. Then in the server
listener thread, we would have to do the same thing once again: add up
the posted values, record every sec and reset. So this would use
ttimers. Would the handle of these timers collide with ICSV6
TWndHandler? And what do you think overall?

Best Regards,

SZ

On 10/28/06, Francois PIETTE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I know the question seems obvious. One way would be creting a critical
> > section protected variable in the server listener thread and add every
> > packet sent and check and reset every second, right? But let's
> > consider we have 1000 clients downloading. Each second the critical
> > section would be acquired and released at least 2000 times! I believe
> > it would create a bottlenect just for the sake of drawing a chart of
> > bandwidth transferred! What other method would you suggest?
>
> Use InterlockedExchangeAdd API function. It is a hardware assisted API and
> is the fastest possible.
> Another solution is to count each client individually and do the sum only
> when needed.
>
> --
> Contribute to the SSL Effort. Visit http://www.overbyte.be/eng/ssl.html
> --