David A. G. wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I'm having problems SmtpCli where OnRequestDone function is not fired
> after sending QUIT command because the SMTP server is not closing the
> connection!!.

We've been talking this topic many times.
The RFCs say that the server has to close the connection, so if
a server doesn't close the connection on receiving command QUIT
the server is buggy. You can handle those server-side bugs with a simple
command timeout, in real applications some a timeout mechanism is required
anyway.

Arno Garrels

> TO:
>
> procedure TCustomSmtpClient.NextExecAsync;
>     if Assigned(FDoneAsync) then
>         FDoneAsync
>     else
>         TriggerRequestDone(FRequestResult)
>     end;
> end;

Request done has to be triggered either when the request has been
served or an error occured, I thing your change breaks the concept
of the component.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]