Arno and others,

More facts and thoughts that perhaps can shed some light on
the error or point someone with more knowledge on ICS than
me in the right direction:
* You don't have to actually _send_ an email to get
  the error. It also happens if You just connect.
  To try this:
    - create form
    - press connect
    - close and free form (not application)
    - create form again
    - press connect and the program hangs
* My workaround so far is to create another smtp component
  that exists all the time the application is running. I
  now discovered that this is also true with the Wsocket
  component. For instance put it on  the main form and
  everything works on all computers.
* Could it have something to do with disconnecting the
  "connection"? If we put a none used smtp component or
  none used wsocket component on the main form it
  automatically takes care of something that else get
  lost when the smtp component is freed on these computers?
  (And when the smtpform is created the second time its
  already there.)
* I've now tried the earlier described demo program on 7
  different computers. The error is shown on two of them.
  Both new Dell Precision with Win XP Intel Core Duo
  processor.
* That everything works the first time indicates an internal
  component problem rather than external (firewalls, anti
  virus applications and so on)

Thanks again guys!
Best Regards
Henrik