> (second time. Host=smtp.bredband.net)
> 00C83960 DNS Lookup for smtp.bredband.net
> !!!! Freeze/Hang but possible to move window

Honestly, it looks like the sort of TCP/IP issues I
used to experience when using Win95: at times, an
exception during a network transaction would "crash"
the TCP/IP stack, and it would have to either be
reloaded, or the machine rebooted.  Eventually this
was replaced in the new DUN driver.

I haven't followed too deeply this thread, so perhaps
this has been discussed (I know that Wilfred or Arno
mentioned it before), but my guess is that the
machine is not up-to-date with system patches, or has
a faulty network stack (perhaps a trojan replaced it?).

   -dZ.