Marenk Vos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use the ftpcli component and use it to connect to a server
> server through a proxy server. The proxy server uses ftp
> authentication. How should i configure this in the FTP component.
> At this moment the problem is that i can not choose the option for
> username and password for the proxy server separately from the
> username and password for the ftp server. If this isn't possible with
> the ftpcli component, what alternative should i try out?

This was answered by Steve Williams quite a while ago:

==========
First of all, not all proxies or firewalls are the same. So have a look at
product documentation. However, most products support a transparent proxy
which doesn't require any special programming:
1) Instead of connection to a remote FTP server, you connect to the proxy
2) User name is replaced by user name, followed by '@' sign then followed by
target remote FTP server host name.
3) Password is usual remote FTP server password.
4) Most require using Passive mode.
Example: You want to connect to ftp.borland.com, using anonymous connection,
company firewall/proxy is running on host named proxyserver.
    FtpCli1.HostName := 'proxyserver';
    FtpCli1.UserName := '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
    FtpCli1.Password := '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
    FtpCli1.Passive  := TRUE;