Fastream Technologies wrote:
> Arno,
>
> You are wrong in saying that service applications are not "killable"
> from task manager.
> They are when everything is ok/under normal
> circumstances. Yet a special kind of error prevents this behavior
> that I am unable to reproduce here. They say they can only stop the
> dead service by rebooting!!!

In W2K I cannot kill services even when they run in the same account.
Just tested in XP and surprise they can be killed in XP.
However since Access Denied was the error message it's rather a
permission problem then something related to the hang.
What happens when they try to stop the service from the service
control panel? If the service cannot be stopped probably the service
thread hangs.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]