Hi,

since I've to write a small ftp transfer program to transfer just single files
in D5, I tried to do it with an older version of ICS which supports D5.
Uploading files to a ftp server is fine but not downloading. Status tells me
that the file transfer is complete (226 Transfer complete), but the file is
nowhere on the local harddisk.

This is my very simple procedure:

  try
    with ftpCli do begin
      HostName      := '172.18.10.40';
      UserName      := 'anonymous';
      Password      := 'gimmedafile';
      LocalFileName := 'd:\410.jpg';
      HostDirName   := '/';
      HostFileName  := '410.jpg';

      Receive;
      Quit;
    end;
  except
    on E: Exception do meLog.Lines.Add('*** ' + E.ClassName + ': ' + E.Message);
  end;

What am I doing wrong? Have I to save the file for myself after it has been
transferred? Or is the above syntax wrong for dirs and files? However,
uploading works the same way except for the Receive() - upload calls Transfer()
instead.

TIA
Michael