Hi,

I'm using the BasFtp1 demo of ICS to test downloading a file from an FTP
server. I changed this demo (at least a tried to) to retrieve the file size
before downloading to feed a progress bar.

I've changed the RequestDone event the following way:
[..]
    ftpTypeSetAsync:
                  begin
                      FtpClient1.HostFileName  := FFileName;
                      FtpClient1.LocalFileName := FLocalFileName;
                      FtpClient1.SizeAsync;     << here
//                      FtpClient1.GetAsync;    << here
                  end;
    ftpSizeAsync, ftpFileSizeAsync  :           << new
                  begin
                    ProgressBar1.Max := FtpClient1.SizeResult;
                    FtpClient1.GetAsync;
                  end;
    ftpGetAsync:  begin
                      FSuccess := (FtpClient1.StatusCode = 226);
                      FtpClient1.QuitAsync;
                  end;

When SizeAsync is executed the status/error code I get is 550, access
denied. I assume that authentication was correct, since all previous status
messages told me so.

So what's wrong here? Or better how would you determine the file size
before downloading?
--
cu,
Michael