I would be very interested if you start this project as my company also
thinks that in the future it might be interesting to port some of our
Windows service applications to GNU/Linux.

When evaluating what way to go I thought that either Kylix could be used
(but is that product still active?) or we port the code (including ICS)
to C/C++. Maybe the glib library could be used to provide the Unix
alternative to messages and threads:
http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/glib/index.html

@Francois: I think you are right with your statement that GNU/Linux
users want free software when it comes to desktop users. But IMHO there
is a market for commercial server software. Many of our customers are
already running their Oracle database on a Unix machine.

/Tobias

--
NOA Audio Solutions Vertriebsges.m.b.H.    Tel: +43-1-5452700
Johannagasse 42/4                          Fax: +43-1-545270014