Hi Piotr,

I just happened to come across the vulnerability as someone has reported it
on many security websites. They have described it as this and have test
code, but the code they use to test is not something I understand. I know of
vulnerabilities, but as I am more a web developer than a windows developer,
my security experience on windows is limited.

It certainly looks like email addresses. I know that 4000 bytes are unusual
but this is how a lot of software tends to suffer from exploits like this,
as 4000 bytes is not regularly tested for.

I am going through my code. It may be where I am saving email address to the
database... I have a field length of 100. I am going through all the code
looking for where the commandtail (the second part of the email command) is
saved and using Copy(commandtail, 1, 100) to ensure its length is less than
the field length.

I do know what year it is :-P. I know it is old, but I did say in my
original email that I have not really had the opportunity to work with ICS
or Delphi for a few years. It is just as I have found this vulnerability,
that I have re-installed everything to find out what is happening. It took
me a while to work out how to install the ICS package in the IDE.
Downloading latest ICS, attempting to install it, uninstall if it doesn't
work, re-install old version etc. etc. find that my laptop has said "i've
had enough..."

I was asking about potential problems with ICS that I may come up with. Not
having used it, or delphi for a while, I was looking for tips to watch out
for. It wasn't meant to come across as a "will you test it for me". It was
more a sort of "if there are problems that are known, can you let me know as
that could be the deciding factor as to wether I upgrade my ICS (as my
current version appears to work, except for this problem that I am
experiencing), as I may not have the knowledge to fix any issues that come
up."

Thanks.

Best regards,
Dave Colliver.