Hello All,

I wonder how could one code an ICS/Windows transparent proxy without NDIS
for detecting the IP/Port? Let me clarify, since this is a trasnparent
proxy, users should not need to enter proxy settings into their browsers.
Therefore, we will need a Layer-4 TCP switch which would route all the port
80 traffic to our Windows. Now if the switch changes the destination IP, how
will we at Winsock/ICS level will understand the destination server's IP for
a basic request like,

GET / HTTP/1.0

without Host header? I know Host header is a must for HTTP/1.1 but not for
1.0! Perhaps the Layer-4 switch can find a way to route without modifying
the destination IP(?). I think I asked this before but did not get a real
answer...

Best Regards,

SZ